Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

When a Pear Dreams - Art Journal Page

Pin It Now!

I've been wanting Tim Holtz's Stamper's Anonymous Classics #1 stamp set ever since my Pen Pal sent me the dragonfly on a collaborative journal page end of 2012.  It's now mine! mawaawahahahaha... Everyone that sees the set goes gaga over the pear stamp and I gotta tell ya I'm not a fan of Pears in general; something about the funky texture when you eat them.  Since everyone seems to enjoy that stamp; I decided to break it out and use it on the Super Simple Background from Tuesday's blog post.

Since I don't really have much to say about pears; I went surfing the interwebs to find something and found this poem...


While I slept you stood in the 
colorful night market
with pyramids of bright
fruit piled high.

Where those who loved you, 
rushing back to their intimate stalls, 
held but pears that had been
dreamed for you

And would the dream 
pear not come gladly
Once it know this was you
wanting to take it in?

The dream pear chose 
reality, wanting your mouth as I did - 

Honestly, it was happy
to be bitten.

by Brenda Hillman

there you have art fans where ever you may be... until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment