Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Studio Rug Project - Day 1

Pin It Now!

I've had this particular project in mind for a while now and finally decided to give it a whirl. My brother-in-law painted the isle runner we used in our wedding. I gave him some painters canvas and the design. Unfortunately once the wedding was over the runner was folded up and stored in the closet. Months ago when the Bink and I started converting our office space into more of a craft space I found that runner. I had been thinking of getting a rug to put under my stool to help with protecting the carpet and this was the perfect thing. The knot design is worked in sections so it was fairly easy to cut it and secure the end with hot glue. Threw it under my desk and it's been a great addition to my creative space. But it lacked for color. On a trip to Asheville I discovered a shop that had painted drop clothes for sale. They were adorable! They have been in the back of my mind for months and I decide to give my rug a painted face lift.

The afternoon got away from me today, but Tycoe (Our Maine Coon) and I enjoyed a fantastic late afternoon taking it easy on the deck. Her chasing sun beams and I painting the inside of the knot work. I must admit that I originally thought it wouldn't take any time at all. Right! This is going to be a multi-day project. I made some good progress on it today.

Good night Art Fans, the sounds of Hearts of Space are calling to me from the radio.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's awesome!
    You should make us an Acquilla banner for the game room ;)

    ReplyDelete