Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

How do you save muddy?!

Pin It Now!
Focus and simplicity... Words that I need to live by, especially simplicity.  I over think things all the time! I've been thinking, thinking, and more thinking about the last page in my Vol. I Book of Days.  I even have the tip-in prepped and ready to go.  I attended the Girl's Night Out Event at the William King Museum of Art last Thursday and I had a blast with the other ladies. Of course, I over thought my design.  I can still hear Nadia in her beautiful Russian accent going..."Why are you erasing?! It was gud, it was gud.  No, no no.  Don't erase!"  I drove her a little nuts.  I have a painted canvas, but no design...YET!  I was so mired in the murk of my own meandering mind over that last page that I decided to move onto the cover of my Vol. II Book of Days.  Vol.I, I keep with a Smash book rubber band around it to keep it closed. So, I thought that I would make a "corset" for Vol. II.  I have and I HATE it!  hummm... maybe that's too harsh, but I am NOT happy with it.  I set it aside and moved on to the actual cover and now I think its too muddy.  I'm so frustrated with myself!!!  How do you save muddy?  Paint over it?  Highlight it?  Grrrrr...  I'm sure I'll work it out.  



That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
Steve Jobs




No comments:

Post a Comment