Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Machinarium - 5 Star Review

Pin It Now!
  I've turned into a pretty serious coffee drinker.  Used to drink it occassionally, but in recent years more and more.  Of course, my version of coffee was often called "Candy Coffee" due to the insane amounts of cream and sugar I added to it.  Present day finds my coffee black and drinking your coffee black really makes the flavors pop.  I've spent my share of time and cash haunting Starbucks, but now my favorite coffee go to is Dunkin Donuts. I haven't found anything quite like their Hazelnut Coffee anywhere else.  Starbuck's Hazelnut coffee is made by adding Hazelnut syrup, which is packed with sugar. Why oh why?  I'll admit that I really enjoyed and have gotten some kick ass music from their Song of the Week cards they have hanging by the register; now they have App of the Week as well.  

      Haven't really gotten any screen time recently with the xbox 360. The Bink has recently gotten the Commander Shepard bug and has been spending quality time defending the universe against the Reapers. 
   My game time has been solely on my iPhone. Mostly in short bursts, which brings me to this game review of Machinarium.  A friend of mine picked up the App of the Week card from Starbucks for me and Machinarium was it.  I'm very picky when it comes to adding apps to the phone so I check it out in the app store look at reviews and screenshots.  I really enjoyed what art I could make out in the screenshots so I deleted a game that I wasn't playing so it could take its place and I'm really glad I did.



Its a puzzle game rendered in stunning phone graphics and sound. Here are some screenshots to wet your whistle.


The concept is that you piece a robot back together and engage on an epic journey, but there are obstacles and puzzles that you must figure out before continuing your quest.


You can interact with the environment and pick up items, which you can combine with other objects that will aid in solving the puzzle.  It offers a hint and a solution book.  The Solution Book is a mini game itself.  One of the feature that I like is that you can save and it offers 6 slots, which means that The Bink and I could have two games going at once.



I'm giving this game 5 stars for stunning graphics, great music, and interesting puzzle environment.  If you've picked up Starbucks App of the Week card for this game Download it!  It is available in the App Store for $2.99.

That's my down and dirty review of Machinarium hope you enjoyed!

I'm toying with the idea of doing a Walkthrough of this game with pictures, what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment